Dickinson Dees – Why bother with Patents?
Patents are expensive and time consuming to obtain; the costs of enforcement mean they are of little use for all but the largest organisations; why disclose your invention in a patent specification when you can protect it through confidentiality agreements?
If that has been your view, then now is the time to reassess your technology protection strategy.
Dickinson Dees are hosting seminars in Leeds & Newcastle addressing the following issues:
- The possible benefits of the patent box tax regime for your business. Plan now for its implementation in April 2013.
- The Patents County Court and how to enforce your patents quickly and cost effectively. The value of claims that can be heard in this court and the level of costs an unsuccessful party may be liable to reimburse.
- The unified European patent system: cost savings on both the application and enforcement front including a new court in London for enforcement across the European Union.
Each seminar will feature a guest speaker from a local patent attorney practice.
WHAT WE WILL COVER
- The benefits of having a patent – The rights that it provides, how it can be exploited and why it is an asset worth having.
- Obtaining a patent – How much it currently costs to secure patent protection in key commercial markets (and methods for deferring those costs) and the level of savings a unified European patent system could bring about in this regard.
- Enforcement – What the options are in terms of courts, tribunals and alternative methods of dispute resolution (focussing, in particular, on the Patents County Court), the costs associated with each of these (discussing how a unified European patent system could also lead to savings here) and insurances available to help cover these costs.
- The Patent Box – The benefits that it will provide and what steps need to be taken to ensure eligibility.
Leeds - 9:00am on 23 October 2012
Newcastle - 9:00am on 25 October 2012
For further details or to reserve your place please click here
We have a range of services that can help your business. We can help you in many areas, including starting your business, growing your team, accessing high quality business support and policy and representation. Find out how we can help you: